Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Long Haired Hippy Boy No More


Long Haired Hippy Boy
Originally uploaded by BookMamma
Last Friday we took Eli to what is most likely the last of his baby "firsts"... a first haircut.

This affected me much more strongly than Finn's first haircut. I'm not sure if it was mourning the big curls or the fact that Eli is probably my last baby.

My last baby - there, I said it twice.

Needless to say, the sap that I am was very sad. But it had to be done. The kid has gorgeous features and everybody thought he was a girl and Grandaddy kept threatening to chop it off the next time the boys spent the night.

I tied up the baby curls and swept them into a baggie. They already seemed dull and lifeless after being shorn off Eli's head for a mere five minutes. I stuffed the bag in my purse and looked into the face of my little boy.


Click on the picture for the whole album of the haircut experience.

5 comments:

McMommy said...

I just found your blog and wanted to say how much I *LOVE* your header! You seriously just described my house perfectly in that one sentence! My boy loves his Ovaltine. And isn't it the worse when you step on those cars??!

Can't wait to read more!

Anonymous said...

Your son is soooo adorable! I love that cheesy grin!

pb&j in a bowl said...

What a cute picture! I'm kinda going through the same thing, b/c now we are trying to decide if Maddie will be our one and only child. It's kinda looking that way, so I'm trying to cherish every minute.

ArtistUnplugged said...

A wise old Aunt once said, "Give yourself some time....."
Wish I had three. Cuuuuute photos! Know what you mean though, can't go back. He is so adorable....just like his brother.

Lee Anne Bryant said...

It's hard isn't it. Wren seems so grownup now. But Eli is such a cutey and at least you have a little bit more of babyhood until he's really a big guy!

Hotwheel Hacienda, 2008. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.