Friday, October 24, 2008

A is for "Awesome!" and S is for "Sassy!"

Recently I expanded my (small) circle of friends and was lucky enough to meet A is for Aardvark and SarahLena in REAL LIFE... for a REAL lunch and then a REAL fantabulous book club meeting. (This was despite the fact that last spring I totally freaked out Aardvark's husband by congratulating them on their newest addition to the family. That would have been fine except, I had never met them before and came off looking like a total stalker.)

Can I say how wonderful it is to skip all that weird Getting-To-Know-You stuff and get straight to the snarking? My husband was just glad they were real people and not imaginary - although he couldn't refrain from saying, "So what are you going to do... sit around the table and twitter each other?" 

It was hard, but we managed. 


MEME of the Day
Tagged by Aardvark 

Rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog (this is what you are now reading).
3. Write 6 random things about yourself (see below).
4. Tag 3 people at the end of your post and link to them. (why not…)
5. Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog. (I’ll try)
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

SIX RANDOM THINGS ABOUT BOOKMAMMA - 

1. I get motion sickness faster than you can say "Do I need to pull over?" This means I have to drive everywhere and can rarely be a passenger in any kind of transportation. It also probably means I'm a control freak. 

2. I'm the youngest Rotarian in my district. (I know... very random, and strangely out of character.)

3. I've been on Oprah. Had 30 seconds on the book club show for Tawni O'Dell's novel, Back Roads. I think the only reason they called me was because I hated the book. 

4. I'm secretly glad I have boys. I think I would make a horrible girl mom and was scared when I was pregnant that I might have one. 

5. I spent a month in Australia in 2003. I highly recommend that. 

6. My favorite candy is chocolate covered gummy bears. Since we're on the subject of chocolate I also like to mix M&M's with hot popcorn so they get all melty inside the shell. 

TAG - you're it! 



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

A) (Because I'm lame and a list-maker) I was just thinking about you this morning and how we all should do lunch again SOON. (Because I'm lame and a stalker.)

B) Where does one find chocolate-covered gummy bears?

C) Where did you get that amazing fiery peanut brittle you brought to Book Club?

Aardvark said...

!. Because I want to be like Sarah

2. I LOVE choco covered gummi bears. I have only seen them at Fresh market and they were the price of a slightly used kidney.

3. LUNCH LUNCH LUNCH!!!

BookMamma said...

Dammit. I have GOT to stop scheduling actual working meetings during lunch times. It's seriously cutting into my social life!

ArtistUnplugged said...

I've not met a chocolate covered gummi bear either! It's no secret about the boys now.....

Stepher said...

Meeting online friends in real life is such fun. I have a few meet-ups planned and cannot wait.

Aardvark & SarahLena both seem like cool cats.

I didn't know you guys went to Australia in 2003! Does that seem like a LIFETIME ago? How did I not know that? Did Caleb like it; I think Steve might enjoy it but a month away is a long time; that would be his vaca for the year.

Fun meme.

Tyne said...

Where've you been? Thanks for tagging me. I have been such a slacker on the tags, but I will do it- first I am going to make that delicious popcorn and m&m combo!

Gillie said...

I was clicking through blogs and have no idea how I got here...but am glad I did. :)

I have a Finn as well (Griffin). :)

I love chocolate covered gummi bears!!! Everyone I know thinks I am totally weird.

xx

BookMamma said...

S2 - alas, it was only me in the Outback. I went for a work thing (no vacation!) and left C at home all by himself for a whole month. He got even when he took a guy's beer tour through Bruges and Amsterdam a couple of years ago. After that we both agreed to never go abroad without the other again!

Hotwheel Hacienda, 2008. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.