Monday, December 31, 2007

So. Over. It.

That's right. I am officially sick of all these holidays now. Down with the tree! Down with the lights that worked for about a week and then decided to malfunction for the actual Christmas Day! Down with yummy-but-nasty food I can't seem to stop eating no matter how mucch I throw out! Out with the music! Out with the wrapping paper I always buy too much of then have to shuffle around for approximately 340 days! BAH!!! and ACK!!!

I think this has something to do with how we are forced to spend at least a quarter of the year preparing for this holiday - it's everywhere, seriously, I saw Christmas trees up in September this year - and by the time its all over I've just had ENOUGH.

Resolutions? I have some. Part of me wants to share them here, but I'm afraid I won't do them and then everybody will ask me about them every time they see me. But if I do post them? I'll be more likely to actually DO them.
It's a Catch-22, people.

So instead, I'll list some things I'm hoping will happen in the near future. Am I resolved for them to happen? Sure.

1.) Getting rid of more of my fat clothes and surpassing that benchmark I'm THIS CLOSE to passing.

2.) THIS


3.) Have a Pants Man in the house!! And then Finn too... (heh heh)


4.) Joining the Community Supported Agriculture program through Doe Run Farms.

5.) Keeping a personal book log to better track the books I read in 2008. ("Have I read that?" "Didn't I read that already??" "Didn't I hate that one?")

6.) Mating these socks.

The male sock lurks patiently in the grasses of the African plains in wait for the elusive female...

7.) Going here in May!! (reward for #1)
COSTA RICA

8.) Letting things go more often and stop being so adversarial. Yeah, you heard me! What?! Don't think I can do it??!! HUH!!??
You know what? I can't single-handedly change my workplace, or the state of the world. What I CAN do is focus more on my personal life and my family. Start at home. Live greener. Garden more. Excercise. I think if I can do that the other things would come naturally. And the job? Backing off and re-prioritizing. Not everything I do there has to change the world.
chill out

9.) Painting the kitchen. OK... getting Caleb to paint the kitchen... again.

Seriously, who picks this blue for their kitchen? What was I thinking?? Apoligies if this is the color of your kitchen too.

So I guess I did end up posting some rezzies. Just don't mention them for a while...

7 comments:

Lisa McGlaun said...

Oh My Gosh!!!! I didn't know this was your blog! So Cool!!!! I love it. I'm putting you on my blog roll right now.

Love you,
Lisa

Mrs. G. said...

Could you send me one of those chill pills? I need one ASAP!

Great post.

Ms. Skywalker said...

Who is your doctor?

Are they taking new patients?

Cause I so need that drug.

Gwen said...

First, thanks for commenting on my blog recently.

Second, it's January 5th today and we just took down the tree we put up Thanksgiving weekend. And it's smelled like dead wet dog for the last three weeks.

Third, I am thinking of doing a CSA this summer, so I'm excited to see that you are considering it, too (apparently, I like company, even the company of strangers; not to be confused with the kindness of strangers, which is always accepted, too).

Lisa said...

I made a resolution and I'm telling the world. NO MORE FUDGE. I'm out of control..

On another note, I saw your comment about Bossy coming south. I hope she makes a lot of stops because it would be great to do lunch with Bossy.

Anonymous said...

I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This piece of writing posted
at this website is in fact good.
Also visit my web page ... http://alumni.smam1gresik.sch.id/blogs/entry/Getting-Rid-Of-Cystic-Acne

Anonymous said...

Pretty great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I've really loved browsing your weblog posts. In any case I will be subscribing for your feed and I am hoping you write again soon!
my page > http://social.soundwavez.net/index.php?do=/blog/2004/how-to-get-rid-of-scarred-tissues-without-a-prescription

Hotwheel Hacienda, 2008. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.