Saturday, July 19, 2008

Boy Briefs, Weekend Edition

Random weekend nuggets of fun from the Hotwheel Hacienda...


Finn's Top 10
Finn has discovered the iPod and loves to walk around listening. This is unfortunate because I like my iPod and want to use it for cleaning and working out and in the car. But I'm making Finn a playlist, since some of my songs aren't really (ahem) age-appropriate for my son, and this is what I'm including.

- "Hot Stuff" by Donna Summer

- "Airplane" by Red Hot Chili Peppers

- "Coconut" by Harry Nilssen

A lovely Kermit the Frog version for your viewing pleasure...

- "24 Robbers" by Apostle of Hustle, from the See You On the Moon album

- "Money for Nothing" by Dire Straits

- "Get Rhythym" by Johnny Cash

- anything by Dan Zanes

- "The Christmas Song" by The Chipmunks (I know, GROAN!!)

- "The Distance" by Cake

- "Beat It" by Michael Jackson


A Misunderstanding
At breakfast Finn was talkingtalkingtalking as usual, and our ears perked up when we heard a snippet of conversation...
Finn: "Dat boy was stinky..."

Us: "Huh? What boy?"

Finn: "Dat boy. He was STINKY."

Us: "......."

Finn: "STIN. KY."

Me: "Do you mean... mistaken?"

Finn: "Yah. Stinky. Dat what I said."

I say "so and so was just mistaken" all the time. I never knew he was listening.
Somehow I don't think that one will translate very well at school.


Birthday Boy
Saturday we pawned the kids off to the grandparents and celebrated Caleb's birthday in local style. We got a room at the new four star hotel in town, made reservations at Dolce, and went to see Batman.

I loved the movie, but I'm a geeky fangirl who taught herself how to speak a little Sindarin Elvish back in the day, so I might be kind of biased for the comics/fantasy/sci-fi stuff. (I know, I know... it's hard to believe that I - uber-cool and sophisticated young professional who all aspire to emulate - could be a recovering dork, but it's true.) I liked the noir-ish feel to the movie and thought it was even better than the first Dark Knight. I thought I would be sad to watch Heath Ledger in his "iconic role", but he did it so well and made himself so removed, I barely registed it was him as Joker.

So Happy Birthday Caleb!

You're the love of my life, the Sonny to my Cher, the Gomez to my Morticia, the Bobby to my Whitney. You're the best decision I ever made.

Headed now to make a summer veggie dinner for the Fam...

"Elen silla lumen omentielvo..."
May the stars shine upon the hour of our next meeting!

-- The Geektastic BookMamma

2 comments:

Stepher said...

Happy belated birthday to Caleb! So, what are your thoughts on Dolce - did you enjoy? Isn't the Westin fabu? Their spa is addictive.

I love that "Coconut" song. :)

Twitter is so much fun. You'll be hooked in no time!

BookMamma said...

Dolce was good - the inside is gorgeous! Food was delicious. The service was a bit sucksational though. (Two out of three ain't bad!) I like the Westin for its location - it made a sloshy birthday binge so much more convenient.

Hotwheel Hacienda, 2008. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.
Graphics hosted by Flickr.